Sunday, August 3, 2008

Busy Weekend in Greenville

A week ago I had a very busy weekend in Greenville...

I was so excited to get to spend a little time (45 minutes!!) with my good friend from high school, Kellie and her two little girls, Dayla (2) and Bailey (3 1/2 months). I was especially looking forward to seeing Dayla since it had been since November that I had seen her (WAY TOO LONG!) I couldn't believe how much Bailey had changed since our mountain weekend just 2 months ago. I love these girls...Kellie is a friend I will have forever and her energy and boldness for Christ amaze me all the time.

Patrick organized a wonderful Surprise Graduation Party for Meredith. I was so impressed with his thoughtfulness. What a deserving celebration for my brave and diligent friend!!



These girls and I went to Atlantic Beach (Fort Macon) for the day. My favorite things about the day were sitting at the shore with my sister talking in our beach chairs, spending all day with these girls talking and catching up, and on the way home each of us went around and asked the whole group one question (Emily's idea, not mine, actually!) We went over to the fort for just a little while...I could have done without it, really, but at least we got a pretty group picture and we really did make it as fun as can be. I surely love spending time with these girls.


On Sunday before I drove back to Cary, I went to Emmie's first birthday party!! Emmie is one of Traye and Gina's three beautiful daughters...Taylor and Gracie are the other two. Traye and I have been friends since fifth grade and our families have lived across the street from each other since 7th grade. Sadly, I have not gotten to spend a lot of time with Emmie this first year of her life, so it was a blessing to be at her party to celebrate her and to see Traye interact with his little one year old. It was also a blessing to spend some time with this family since Gracie was the only one I got to see at our annual family beach trip this year. Emmie loved her presents, her cake, and swinging with Daddy. She is a cutie. A perfect way to end a fun weekend.

2 comments:

Life Glimpsed: The Denglers said...

oh my gosh! traye's babies are BEAUTIFUL!!!

Jenny said...

what a fun weekend! it's obvious by all your friends that you love them so much, so i hope you realize how much you're loved by us! i'm glad you're a part of my life. love you!