Thursday, July 24, 2008

beach week

Ever since I was in 9th grade my family has been going to the beach for a week with the Briley family and the Welborn/Garcia family....that's 16 years and it's definitely one of my favorite traditions. I have so many fun and special memories during each of the beach weeks. We have had many friends, boyfriends, and girlfriends come and go throughout the years. There are so many people that have been a part of these beach weeks. We have stayed in several different houses and each house has their own unique memories. This year at the beach was no exception...lots of fun, relaxation, and of course....lots of pictures...I was only there from Sunday to Wednesday, but I was still able to make sure I took advantage of all the photo opportunities.

Sunday...I drove to the beach that morning...mostly everyone else had gotten there Saturday, so unfortunately, I missed Karaoke night. When I got there, I met everyone out on the beach. After some fun in the sun, lunch at the house, and some more beach time, Beth, Rebecca, Meredith, and I went shopping. While we were out shopping, of course we stopped at one of our favorite things about beach week, SWEET SPOT! It has the best ice cream...Hershey's. I would totally go there every day of beach week. If you are ever Emerald Isle, it is definitely the best place to get ice cream. I had a peanut butter and chocolate milkshake..yum yum....Carl and Beth had to leave that night after dinner, so I made sure I got plenty of pictures that night. :) Travis couldn't come because of work...sad that my whole family couldn't all be there together and that Carl and Beth had to leave so soon. :(


Meredith, Beth, Rebecca and I


It was such a blessing to get to spend some special time with my sister. We got to talk a lot and just be silly together. We have the most fun together, laughing and sharing and understanding each other. My time with my sister was definitely one of my favorite parts of this beach week.




Monday...Patrick and Meredith had to leave on Monday morning. I missed Meredith (and Patrick) every second she was gone. I miss the days when we were both there all week together...going to Sweet Spot at least three or four times :) Ohhhh, maybe next year....This was another day of fun...kids playing in the water and dancing on the deck...great picture opportunities.

This was quite possibly one of my favorite pictures I took this beach week. I love Andrew and Gracie's expressions. Precious.

The sky sure was pretty on Monday night.

On Monday afternoon, Rebecca and I took at little road trip down the beach to Pine Knoll Shores to see our good friend, Jaimee, and her adorable and happy little boy, Cole. This was the first time I had gotten to spend an extended amount of time with Cole since right after he was born because he was sleeping during my other visits. It was such a joy to be with him and see his sweet personality. My favorite thing about my friend Jaimee is her faithful spirit. She has the gift of faith, and I am so thankful to have her faithful friendship in my life. This was another highlight of my time at the beach.
Tuesday...Rebecca left me on Tuesday, but not before another morning on the beach together and shopping with mom. I especially loved sitting together on the beach that morning, just being together. I love the pictures I took that night on the deck after dinner. I told everyone to wear their best outfits because I was going to be taking a lot of pictures since it was my last night of beach week. Kristen and I gathered the three little ones and the young girls and we all went for one last outing to Sweet Spot. This time I had an outrageous oatmeal cookie milkshake...delicious! We missed Travis Welborn Tuesday night, too...he definitely makes things more exciting :)
Another pretty sky Tuesday night.
I like this picture of my parents and me. I love them and I am so thankful for how sweet they are to me. So many times and in so many ways, every time I am with them they show me how much they love me. Beach week is no exception.
This picture is going to be framed in my townhouse. I love the Briley kids so much...I missed Taylor and Emmie....they came the day I left :(
This was actually the worst night to take the group picture because it was the night with the least amount of people. I should have thought ahead and got a picture Sunday night...Oh well, I think it's a good one. There are about 15 or so people missing from this picture...some were there before and some came after and some didn't get to come at all. I remember the days when all of us got to stay the entire week...I miss that, but with growing up and having jobs and kids, our summers aren't as flexible as when we were in high school and college. No matter what, though, beach week is always fun and special.

Wednesday...I left after lunch on Wednesday, but I had the best time taking pictures on the beach of the kids that morning. These children are so beautiful that it is hard not to get some pretty pictures. I really think these are some of my favorite pictures I have ever taken. There are many, many more, but I chose my favorites. Also, I love each of the pictures I took of Abbie and Caroline...pretty girls. The children loved "helping" Katie dig a big hole in the sand.

I took this picture just before I left. I thought the water was prettier than usual this week at the beach...such a pretty blue. As always, I enjoyed looking at God's wonderful creation those few days at the beach.

I am so thankful for these six people...Dick and Donna, Chris and Lynne, Mom and Dad. They sacrifice and provide a fun week for all of us. Thank you all for renting the house each year, the wonderful food, and for making year after year fun. I appreciate you all and treasure our time together! I love you...we all do!!

Until next year....

1 comment:

Misty said...

Looks like a good time. I love beach weeks. I was down there last Thursday and the water was really aqua looking. It was pretty!!