Sunday, June 22, 2008

Serving Him in Nicaragua

Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing...

I will be in Nicaragua with a medical mission team from June 22-30 serving Jesus and some sweet orphans. We will be holding a medical clinic, painting, and VBS for the children. I am packed and all ready to go and so thrilled about this opportunity...my first overseas mission trip.

The Lord has blessed me with such supportive and encouraging people to help prepare me for this trip. Beginning with generous monetary donations from many for my team and me ...a conversation with Emily hearing excitement in her voice because this place I am going for the first time is so special to her because she has been several times before....432 toothbrushes and 6 Spanish/English children's books in the mail from Kelly for me to take to the orphans....Amy calling me the day before I left with such joy about what the Lord has planned for me over the next 9 days....a package from Melanie full of goodies for me and blessings for the orphans....lunch with Jenny the day before I left for my short trip and hearing what the Lord is doing to prepare her for her upcoming long trip....my sweet mom sending necessities for my trip with my Dad this past week....Ashley buying flip flops for 10 little orphans after she had already been so generous...and getting dropped off at the airport by Carl and Beth, two of the people I love most in this world....

How sweet of the Lord to prepare me in such a loving way. He used these people and more to encourage me to go and share about Him and serve and glorify His Mighty Name. Thank you all for your prayers!

....Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus ~1 Thessalonians 5: 11, 16-18

4 comments:

kelly said...

this is going to be an amazing experience for you, sara! i can't wait to hear all about it! we are praying for you every day! love you!

Jenny said...

SARA! thank you so much for your sweet post for my birthday. i just saw it (kinda ironic that today is YOUR bday...) that was supa sweet.
i love you and i can't wait to hear about your trip and all that God did through you!

Amy Sasser said...

Sara, keep checking in to see if you have an update from your trip. Can't wait to hear about it. I know God used you in a mighty way!

Amy Sasser said...

PS-Happy Belated Birthday!