Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!

Today is a special day because not only is it Father's Day but also my brother-in law, Travis', birthday. We celebrated both at my parent's house in Greenville. My sister-in-law, Beth's, parents (Art and Joanne) also came over to celebrate with us. I think it is such a blessing that Beth's parents and my parents are such close friends...they are pretty much like family. I am thankful for that. (I am also so thankful for Beth's sister (Rebecca) and brother-in-law(Tyler)...they couldn't be there because they were with Tyler's dad...I definitely missed them!) Oops, I almost forgot to mention Rivers...Rivers is Carl and Beth's little dog. Rivers and I are pretty good friends ;)


Happy Birthday, Travis! You are totally soop-ah phat, bro :) *See the card we gave him below...

It was a blessing to have all of my family together. I love my family very, very much. There is just something so comforting and joyful about having us all together...having lunch together after church on Sunday's...laughing and being silly. We don't get to do it often, but when we do, I am thankful.


I could never adequately express how much I love and appreciate my Dad. There is just no way. But...When I think about him, I smile. When I talk to him, I almost always laugh. When I see him, he hugs me...every time. When I leave him, he hugs me...every time. When he hugs me, I feel comforted and safe. No other hug in the world feels as good as my Dad's. When I leave him or end a phone conversation, he says "I love you" every time. When I need him, he is there for me every time. Even when I don't need him, he is thoughtful and generous and thinking of me. When I pray for him, I am thankful that his love for me is a reminder of my Heavenly Father's love for me.

I am thankful for all these things. I am thankful that my Dad and Mom raised me in a Christian home. I am thankful for the special way that he loves my mom and that he loves my mom even more than he loves us kids. I am thankful for that because I feel that is the way he can love us kids best. I am thankful that he hugs my mom and holds her hand and serves her and takes her on trips and surprises her with flowers and buys her thoughtful gifts and tells her that he loves her. I am thankful that I see him do these things because not many other things can make me happier than seeing my parents love each other. I am thankful that he brags about me to his peers. I am thankful for his outgoing personality and fun spirit. I am thankful that he knows how to say "I am sorry." I am thankful that my Dad helps me with whatever I need, even when I don't ask. I am thankful that my Dad encourages me and is proud of me. I am thankful for the special notes he writes me on special occasions and that he isn't afraid to share his feelings with me. I am thankful that my Dad loves me and that I have never, ever had to doubt his love for me. I am thankful for all these things.

I love you, Dad! Happy Father's Day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I did not realize how close you and Rivers are!