Monday, June 16, 2008

From Tucker Dorm...

to 11 years of friendship!
About a week and a half ago I finally got to spend some time with my college roommate, Lisa, her husband, Chris, and their 2 year old, Cole. They live in Durham, and I went over for a delicious lasagna dinner. It was so fun to see little Cole. He is so smart and handsome. I loved hearing about how he has grown and seeing this special family interact and love each other. It was really a blessing.
Believe it or not, but Lisa and I were potluck roommates our freshman year. I wonder how many potluck roommates end up living together all four years of college. I remember being so relieved after talking to her on the phone for the first time that summer before leaving for college. She was so nice, and I was just so thankful it wasn't awkward. I remember meeting her for the first time on that scorching hot move-in day at NC State. Her family and Chris were all so friendly. She was so beautiful, just like she is today. We ended up living together in an apartment at Gorman Crossings for the next three years. When I was at her house last week, we were talking about those times in college, laughing and remembering. When I look back, of all the new people I met in college, she is the one that has influenced my life the most. I have learned about faith and forgiveness and responsibility and maturity from her. I love that those qualities have carried on into her marriage and motherhood. I have loved watching those qualities become even more significant in her life as these 11 years have flown by. She is an amazing mother, even better than I thought she would be. I love her relationship with her husband and I love her relationship with her son. She is a blessing in my life. What a sweet surprise that the girl that was "randomly" chosen as my roommate ended up being one of my closest friends, one of my forever friends. It's obvious to me that it wasn't random at all...God specifically chose Lisa to be my roommate and to have an awesome impact on my life and to be my faithful friend. I just love that about Him.

No comments: