Friday, May 9, 2008

My little sister....

GOT MARRIED!On January 26, Rebecca married Travis. I have learned that at rehearsal dinners when I give a toast, in order for me to get through it without forgetting what I want to say and without crying my way through it, it is much easier to type it up beforehand. This is what I said to them that night...



"Travis, I want to welcome you to our family. As I have gotten to know you the last couple of months, I have come to realize that you are going to be just fine in handling Rebecca's sarcasm. I think you can dish it out maybe even better than she can. But seriously, I know Rebecca loves you so very much. And because of that, I love you too. I have been praying for you before I even knew who you were. I have been praying for Rebecca's future husband since I was in college. I didn't know who it would be, but I knew he would be special. The Lord answered my prayer and has given my sister someone that understands her like no one else and that loves her so passionately. Rebecca says that her favorite thing about you is your passion. It is my prayer that your passion for each other grows stronger each day and that you both will look to Jesus to learn to love each other even better than you do today. I am looking forward to having another brother. Thank you for loving my sister. She loves you, and I do too.



Rebecca, you know when we meet new people and I always go out of my way to make sure they know that we are sisters? And then you shake you head like you think I said something else that's really weird. Well, the reason I am so excited to tell people is because I am so proud that you are my sister. There are so many things about you that make me proud. There are so many things about you that I wish I could be. I believe with all my heart that the Lord had an awesome plan in making you my sister...He made us so different, but I consider that to be one of my greatest blessings. In many ways it is where I am weak that you are strong. The way you can be so honest with just about anyone about just about anything is so rare and special. The way you can let things just roll off your shoulders and not get you down because of your faith and confidence in Jesus is amazing. The way you are willing to take a stand and do something that may not be comfortable or easy because you feel a tug from the Lord is admirable to so many people that know and love you. I love that you often go without wearing any make-up or really fixing your hair with jeans and a T-shirt and you are still the most beautiful girl I know. You don't even have to say a word to me , and you are my biggest accountability partner. There is no one else that can encourage me and hold me accountable to follow Jesus quite like you can. I am so thankful for that blessing in my life, and that is why I consider you my best friend. I am so excited for you because I can see how happy you are. I know that the Lord will continue to be the leader of your life and that He has so many awesome plans and blessings in store for you and Travis. I am so honored that the Lord placed us together as sisters. Thank you for the love, fun, honesty, and peace you bring to my life. You are my sister, and I love you."

We have many pictures from the wedding weekend, but I put together some of my favorites in this slideshow. If you click the arrows, it will go much faster....Enjoy...
Click to play Wedding Weekend

1 comment:

Jenny said...

that was so beautiful! you are so sweet and eloquent with your words. if i get married, can you make a toast at my wedding? :)