Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Four Beautiful Girls

One of my favorite things about living here in Cary is that my best friend, Melanie, and her family live close by in Raleigh. It is such a comforting blessing to have her just 30 minutes away. She and her husband, Adam, have 3 beautiful little girls: Hannah (4), Sara (2 1/2), Julia (5 weeks). Melanie is an awesome mom. Her girls absolutely adore her.

The Lord has also blessed Melanie with an amazing mom and grandma. The girls call her Nana. Nana comes to watch the girls while Adam and Melanie are at work for a few days during the week. Nana has been away for a little while in Seattle. Melanie's brother and sister-in-law, David and Megan, just had a beautiful little baby of their own, Olivia. Nana has been there helping them out, too. Here is a picture of Olivia.
Last Friday night since Nana was away, I decided to take dinner over to Melanie and her family. It was such a blessing to be with the whole family. Seeing the way they are all adjusting to having a new baby in the house was fun. I love these girls so much. It's cool the way God gives them all different personalities. I love the way Hannah says her little sister, Sara, is her best friend and the way Sara copies everything her big sister, Hannah, does. I love that Hannah said to me after we said her prayers, "'Big Sara', I have to tell you a secret." She then whispered in my ear, "I love you." I love the way Sara smiles so big and so sweetly every time I walk in the door. I love the she is named after me; I don't know if I have ever felt so honored than when Melanie told me she was going to name her daughter after me! And I also love the way Hannah and Sara love their baby sister, Julia, so well. Hannah will go over to check on Julia and rub her little head so gently. Then Sara will follow behind and do the same. God has used Julia to bless their family in such a new and special way. I am so blessed and thankful to have the opportunity to be a part of each of their lives and watch them grow and see what the Lord has planned for them.


When I was at their house Friday night, Hannah and Sara drew these pictures for me. I told them I would put them on my refrigerator and every time I looked at the pictures I would be reminded to pray for them. Here is a picture of their drawings on my fridge, along with a picture of Julia and me.




When I was there Friday night, I realized that Melanie's job as a Mom is even harder than I thought it was. I realized it also even sweeter than I thought it was. It is so neat to see my best friend since 11th grade now as a mom of three. The compassion, boldness, hospitality, servant's heart, and faithfulness I have always seen in her shines even brighter now that she has children. I learn from her, and when I am around she and her family, I am reminded of Jesus every time. There is no question He has formed this family together in His perfect plan. Thank You, Jesus, for the blessing of this special family and for allowing me to be Melanie's best friend and the girls' "Aunt" Sara.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

love all these pictures in this blog. how thankful they must be to have their very own family photographer! you're right- God made this family extra special and i'm glad that He brought you to be a part of it too. soooooo special!
love you

Anonymous said...

You write very well.