Wednesday, April 15, 2009

her spirit


Ashley and I were a part of the Bible Study I told you about a few weeks ago. She moved from Greenville to Raleigh two years ago this summer. Since then, she and I have been getting together almost weekly for accountability, bible study, and prayer. Oh, what a blessing this time together is to me. We talk about how special it is all the time. It's a time of safety, of realness, and of understanding. A time with a friend in my current town that knows about people and my life in my former town without me having to explain those people and that place. Even though we do miss our time with the other girls, we know that God placed each of us exactly where HE wants us to be. And how sweet it is of Him to place Ashley and me here together to grow this unique connection He had already formed. And in this really cool way, it's a connection with the other girls, too. One that is deepened with distance. I am in awe of His craftiness. And of His plan. And the way He continues to bless this beautiful, important bond He created years ago. My time with Ashley reminds me of this. And it's a reminder of His perfect plan for every aspect of my life.
"And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another..." Hebrews 10:24,25

Ashley is organized. She finds a way to keep everything in order yet she makes time for fun every single day. I love her energy and her passion. Her flexibility and her faith. Her patience and her productivity. And her spirit, especially her spirit. Her amazingly, happy spirit. Since I have known Ashley, but especially since she moved 15 minutes away from me almost two years ago, God has used her friendship, accountability, and her spirit to encourage me. I am so thankful for that weekly, consistent blessing in my life.
*This is a picture we took with Shannon's camera last week. Shannon came to visit us after flying into Raleigh from visiting Marianne in Texas. By the way, Shannon just started a blog herself. You should check it out and read her perspective of our friendships here.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

You did such a good job describing Ashley. I love you girls!!