Sunday, October 26, 2008

all smiles

At the beginning of October, Kelly (and Madison), Amy (and Brent) and I went to the Myrtle Beach area for a long weekend. We decided last year to start a tradition of taking a trip together at least once a year. This was our second year. I won't go into all the details of the trip, but it was definitely one of the most fun weekends I have had in a while. (And I have proof of that...I took 655 pictures over the course of the weekend!)

I don't get to see Amy nearly as much as I would like, and this particular weekend was the first time I had seen her since my birthday in July. She brought my birthday presents, and one of them was this really cool book....


The special thing about Amy giving me a book about smiles is that of all the people I know, she is probably the one that has the most recognizable smile...when I think about my best friend her big, beautiful smile is the first thing I see. And most times after she smiles comes the biggest, loudest, most contaigous laugh you could ever hear. I love that about her. What she wrote to me in this book says it all....


Of all the pictures and smiles in this book, the smiles on these faces are my favorite:


We shared a lot of smiles over our long weekend. Here are just a few of my favorites:

I think my favorite "smile" picture I took all weekend is this one of Amy's five year old, Brent. You are sure to hear more about him and his little brother, Conner, in November.

Isn't Brent handsome?

5 comments:

Amy Sasser said...

I know you all had fun! I was wondering if a post would come from this fun weekend?! You all have such a special and unique friendship. What a very rare blessing to be so close with the girls you grew up with and not to mention you all love Jesus! Hope you are well.

Kathleen said...

That makes me so happy to know you guys get to get away together like that! I know you were so happy to get to be with the cutie kids too. I hope you are doing well.

Life Glimpsed: The Denglers said...

OH i love it! what a treat to get together with them...and their kids. they are so so precious. and madison is looking more like kelly all the time - i bet you can hear their giggles just looking at those pictures.

Jenny said...

smiles are contagious...i couldn't help smiling the whole time i read your blog. those smiles are so sweet. thank you for adding joy and smiles to others' faces, including mine. love you!

Anonymous said...

better late than never right? i have no idea why it took me until now to comment on this blog. i loved our weekend together. my time spent with you guys is such a treasure to me. it uplifts me, encourages me, challenges me, and is just plain fun. your friendships are irreplacable.

i love you. i'm glad you liked that book- that was my favorite picture too!